Wednesday, March 9, 2011

glass-half-empty

I'm really struggling to have a glass-half-full kinda day. In my worst moments of weakness, I become terribly pessimistic. Nothing matters. Everything is fucked. There is no silver lining.

Since I was having an awesome day earlier, I'm going to will myself to remember that feeling. To let it fall over me. Just because there is one little part of me that resists this happy change doesn't mean that I can't be happy right now. Ok maybe I can't be *happy* right this second, but that doesn't mean I have to reach into the depths of depression.

I'm going to enjoy every quiet second at work. I'm going to reflect on things I could do better. I'm going to say I love you. I'm going to drink a home-made peppermint mocha latte.

No comments:

Post a Comment